Work as part of the Integration Design Team in the Design Department. The Integration Design Engineer produces Installation Solution’s (ISs), Equipment Guidance Package’s (EGPs), Installation Guidance Information (Level 1, 2 & 3), Installation Guidance Packages (IGPs), Mature Design Solutions (MDS), Interface Specifications, Design Specifications, Engineering Change Requests (ECRs) & Statements of Work (SOW) documents, in accordance with Design Department processes in line with Work Instructions and AS9100. All documentation is produced in accordance with customer specifications (British Standards, IEE Regulations, Defence Standards or Joint Service Publications or equivalents). STS Design Department govern all activities and processes.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conduct installation site surveys prior to the production of the required technical documentation
- Cost and estimate installation guidance work in accordance with Design Department Work Instructions to meet STS and customer requirements
- Provide customer liaison, as required, to ensure operational objectives are met
- Ensure proposed design solutions are produced in accordance with the latest customer specifications & standards
- Produce all document drawings (mechanical & electrical) in AutoCAD
- Conduct and present trials and inspections with respect to guidance information
- Ensure that STS Health and Safety policy is adhered to
- Advise Integration Design Team Leader on improvements, simplifying the activity and improving efficiency, to Design Department Work Instructions.
- Seek opportunities to develop knowledge and improve skills advising the Integration Design Team Leader
Qualifications, Experience And Skills:
- IT Skills (Microsoft Office and AutoCAD)
- Technical awareness (General engineering techniques, electrical power distribution, TEMPEST, RFI, EMC etc.)
- CONDO Training (desired)
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Business acumens
- Full Driving License
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level. Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes
- All candidates will be required to adhere to STS Defence core values
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a number of new roles across the business.
Why work for STS Defence?
- Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
- Professional training programmes and year on year growth gives access to significant career development opportunities
- Great central location on the south coast with opportunities to travel
- Competitive basic salary
- Company pension scheme with above statutory employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Working hours that include a normal finish time of 1pm on Fridays
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts and additional benefits including a health plan and a tax free cycle scheme
- A service leaver friendly employer and signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant
- Flexible holiday scheme with 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays as standard and the option to purchase up to a further 5 days holiday each year