The Configuration & Control Engineer will have a strong manufacturing background within the Aerospace and Defence sector or another highly regulated industry. This role is key to delivering and maintaining configuration baselines across all programs from cable assemblies and PCB assemblies to fabricated products and system products. Of paramount importance is ensuring compliance of STS engineering design and manufacturing documentation with ISO 9100 requirements.
Key areas of responsibility include:
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Extensive knowledge of configuration control in both design and manufacturing environments
· Extensive hands-on MRP experience and a good working knowledge of PDM tools
· Flexible adaptable approach and strong team player
· Overall governance of the data management and document configuration process across the Manufacturing and Design functions
· Proactively support design and project teams in configuring and base-lining project deliverables
· Create configuration documentation and maintain PDM configuration database
· Review current configuration control processes making improvements where appropriate.
· Maintain data integrity
· Schedule audits on configuration database and lead the implementation of audit recommendations
· Be the go to person for all non-CAD aspects of our PDM system
· Maintain centralised version control for all hardware and software deliverables and associated documentation from PO to delivery
· Investigate and resolve configuration related problems, putting preventative measures in place
· Create, maintain and share appropriate KPIs to monitor effectiveness of our configuration control process
· Configuration control of documentation and media including MRP.
· Production of status reports, monitoring the status of documentation, ensuring that items progress through their lifecycle in line with project timescales.
· Maintenance of local process documentation and working practices
· Be accountable for effectiveness of our change management processes
· Proactively participate in pre-manufacturing reviews to ensure all drawings and documentation are available, complete and at the correct revision level
· Audit any change requests/notifications to ensure appropriate approvals have been obtained
· Raise BOM’s, routings and internal production data packs in accordance with internal and external customers’ drawings and purchase orders
· Minimum HNC qualified Engineer with experience in manufacturing
· Ability to interpret engineering drawings
· Clear understanding of revision control processes
· Previous experience in configuration management, engineering change process control and documentation
· Relevant experience of NPI processes and the key stages – requirements management, design, qualification and productionisation.
· Computer literacy with an emphasis on MRP, PDM and Microsoft Office applications
· Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
· Highly motivated, with a keen ability to apply own initiative in continuous improvements
Why work at STS Defence:
· Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our Mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
· Great central location on the south coast
· Competitive basic salary
· Company pension scheme
· Life cover (three times basic salary)
· Flexible working hours that include a normal finish time of 1pm on Fridays
· Access to a wide range of employee benefits and discounts including a tax free cycle scheme