The Fabricator / Welder will have a strong manufacturing and assembly background, ideally within the Aerospace and Defence sector or another low to medium volume Technology sector. The role is to ensure that Fabrication / Welding is carried out to the required Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements. The role will involve working internally at our site in Gosport and installation work at various locations in the UK and abroad, when required to do so.
• To read and interpret supplied engineering drawings.
• To fabricate and TIG \ MIG weld assemblies in accordance with drawings and specifications.
• To adhere to the Company’s Quality operating procedures at all times.
• To ensure compliance to the Company’s Health and Safety and Environmental procedures.
• To ensure that routings and detailed job instructions are adhered to at all times.
• To become proficient in the procedures and processes relevant to the position and to highlight training needs when required.
• To act at all times in accordance with the terms and conditions described in the Employee’s Contract of Employment.
• Engage in 5S activities as required by local supervision and other Lean events when required to do so.
• Carry out any other duties commensurate with your skills.
• Attention to detail
• Extensive knowledge of Fabrication and Welding processing methods and equipment.
• Excellent team-working skills
• Assist the installation team – strong mechanical installation skills will be required.
• TIG or MIG welding experience essential and a qualification desirable, although training will be given, to the right person.
• Fabrication experience required.
• Experience in a fast paced Aerospace or Defence Quality manufacturing environment desirable.
• Professional and conscientious approach required.
• Full driving license and an in-date passport is desirable.
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a number of new roles across the business.
Why work for STS Defence?
• Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our
• mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
• Professional training programmes and year on year growth gives access to significant career
• development opportunities
• Great central location on the south coast with opportunities to travel
• Competitive basic salary
• Flexible holiday scheme with 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays as standard
• and the option to purchase up to a further 5 days holiday each year
• Company pension scheme with above statutory employer contributions
• Life assurance cover
• Working hours that include a normal finish time of 1pm on Fridays
• Access to a wide range of corporate discounts and additional benefits including a health plan
• and a tax free cycle scheme
• A service leaver friendly employer and signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant.