Production Engineer (Fabrication)
It is a great time to be joining us as we continue to develop and deliver new and exciting solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, resulting in continued growth year-on-year!
Located in Gosport, we are now looking to expand our team by bringing on board a Production Engineer with specialist knowledge in fabrication / sheet metal operations. The role will suit someone who is also familiar with transferring new products from design into manufacture.
Bringing to the role your wealth of manufacturing/ production experience, ideally from a low to medium volume environment, the role of the Production Engineer will also work across ‘Box Build’, ‘Cable Harness’ and ‘PCB’ manufacturing areas to ensure that these too run smoothly and efficiently. You certainly will not be someone who settles for ‘mediocre’- you’ll strive for the highest quality at all times as well as possessing uncompromising attention to detail. We’ll also be looking to you to identify continuous improvement opportunities and driving these through to fruition within the team.
This is set to be a varied role, and will suit someone who prides themselves on their ability to take a flexible and adaptable approach to their day-to-day operations. No two days will be the same, so you can expect to get involved in a number of different tasks! It is also a rare opportunity where you can comfortably develop your existing skill set whilst learning new skills on the job too, and with an excellent training and development programme in place, you are sure to excel in the role!
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- Experience in the assembly of electronic / fabricated / sheet metal products involving cable assemblies
- Proven and demonstrable experience of sheet metal / fabrication production operations
- Experience with transferring new products from design into manufacture
- Ideally you will be HNC qualified or to an equivalent standard of education, with experience in a related industry- In lieu of academics / qualifications, we welcome applications from those with a good level of experience gained from a related industry
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of writing work instructions
- Ability to work in an engineering team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share own professional experience and skills
- Proven and demonstrable involvement in design and / or production NPI handover
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others within a collaborative and team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques
- Exposure to PCB manufacturing processes
- Experience of fabrication processes, general assembly, and wiring
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.