Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey…
Based near Portsmouth, we are looking to appoint a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to join our existing team of specialists.
In this newly created and critical role, you will be our subject matter expert on all Microsoft Windows, Linux and Virtualisation based projects and tasks. You will be integral to the planning and management of key projects for the business to include; the management, design, configuration, installation and support of software on workstation, server based and virtualised secure solutions. Naturally, as a senior member of our team you will also have responsibilities to lead and develop the junior members within the team.
Other aspects of the role include:
- Lead the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for Infrastructure engineering activity
- Liaise with the customer on all Infrastructure risks and issues
- Provide solutions and support to project requirements
- Provide continuous improvement of Infrastructure engineering capabilities
- Provide management, oversight, direction and guidance to project team members, through the planning and delivery of our projects
- Produce essential project documents and internal work instructions
- Provide Infrastructure engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Hyper-V, VMWare certification or equivalent industry virtualization experience an advantage
- Microsoft Certification (MCSE or equivalent) an advantage
- HP Server and Workstation configuration and administration
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server design, configuration, deployment, management and support; including windows infrastructure services, active directory, exchange server, backup, group policy and hardening etc.
- Experience of infrastructure support, anti-virus and patching
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test and acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to meet with customers, manage and build relationships
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
- A credible level of experience of Infrastructure engineering, preferably gained in the government / defence sector.
- CompTIA, CCNA or networking certification, an desirable
- Cyber and Security experience.
- Server storage configuration
- Firewall, routers configuration experience.
- Linux administration and configuration
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step in your career today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, Inclusion and Diversity
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.