This is a pivotal role in driving business growth as an integral part of the business winning function, and will be responsible for the successful delivery of all bids. This involves bringing together all aspects of the bid management process to ensure tenders are delivered in a timely manner, to cost and quality, and in accordance with the bid governance process.
You will be supporting the assigned Capture Lead and are responsible for developing and implementing a bid plan and schedule for each bid.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Manage bids in line with the company bid governance requirements
- Develop and implement a bid plan and schedule for each bid, identifying the required resource, and manage the bid in accordance with the plan, ensuring applicable reviews are held in a timely manner
- Lead the assigned bid team to deliver the required outputs in a timely manner – e.g. inputs to proposal, estimates, supporting material
- Manage the creation of the bid deliverables, ensuring these are reviewed as appropriate, leading to the creation of a high quality proposal
- Work with the assigned Capture Lead to identify win themes that link customer needs with defined benefits
- Coordinate and manage the estimating process, ensuring that estimates are generated in line with the identified cost model, and costs and price are reviewed and approved in line with the governance process
Qualifications, Experience And Skills:
- Previous experience in a bid management role, ideally with experience of working with UK Primes and UK Ministry of Defence procurement processes
- Proven success in developing, managing and winning bids
- Previous experience within the military/defence and aerospace industry