Electronics Production Engineer
It’s a great time to be joining us as we continue to develop and deliver new and exciting solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, resulting in continued growth year-on-year!
Located in Gosport, we are now looking to expand our team and enhance our current production capabilities by bringing on board a Production Engineer, with specialist skills in ‘electronics’.
Bringing with you a strong manufacturing and assembly background, from a low to medium volume environment, the role of the Production Engineer will be to ensure that our ‘Box Build’, ‘Cable Harness’ and ‘PCB’ manufacturing activities run smoothly and efficiently. You certainly will not be someone who settles for ‘mediocre’- you’ll strive for the highest quality at all times as well as possessing uncompromising attention to detail. We’ll also be looking to you to identify continuous improvement opportunities and driving these through to fruition.
It set to be a busy, yet varied role, and will suit someone who prides themselves on their ability to take a flexible and adaptable approach to their day-to-day operations. It is also rare opportunity where you can comfortably develop your existing skill set whilst learning new skills on the job too, and with an excellent training and development programme in place, you’re sure to excel in the role!
A full job description is available for suitable applicants
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
• The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
• Ideally you will be HNC qualified or to an equivalent standard of education, with experience in the production, assembly and testing of electronic products
• A good level of experience in the assembly of low volume, high reliability electronic / fabricated product environment
• Practical familiarity with driving post–design production development activities including FMEA. The role would involve working with design and test engineers to ensure that all products are designed with cost, assembly and test in mind
• Proven and demonstrable involvement in design and / or production NPI handover
• Sound understanding of process control methodologies to improve production quality
• Proven ability to consider wider business implications when considering options and making decisions
• Ability to work in an engineering team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share own professional experience and skills and promote the development of other team members
• Effective and accurate use of MS Office applications and ERP systems
• Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills of technical issues
• Experience in selecting and procuring ‘capital’ equipment
• Ability to work well with others within a collaborative and team environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
Nice to have skills and experience:
• Application of ‘Kaizen’ techniques
• Experience of working within a NADCAP accredited production environment
• Ability to interpret and review PCB Gerber data
• Ability to ‘set up’ and program ‘pick and place’ machines and ‘reflow’ ovens
• Knowledge of IPC standards for PCB design and manufacturing
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step today and apply…
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.