Graduate Network Engineer
Based at our Head office in Gosport, we are looking to appoint a Graduate Network Engineer to join our existing team of specialists. In this newly created role, you will assist with the management, configuration, installation and support of network hardware, along with the production of any necessary supporting documentation.
Other aspects of the role include:
- The provision of IT and Network technical solutions and support to project requirements
- Continuous improvement of network engineering capabilities, maintaining a leading edge capability
- Customer liaison on all network engineering risks and issues
- Remaining available, on occasions, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements.
Integral to the role is the ability to build robust cross-departmental working relationships- we work as ‘One STS’ and strive towards the same goal! You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ counts for everything. The role will ensure that you are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role… The one question that remains is whether you believe that you can make a difference? If so, read on.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or CompTIA level certification or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in network support, LAN/WAN technologies, routing, switching, firewalls, secure tunneling, WIFI, WAN optimization, IP schema design, VOIP/VTC, network management & monitoring, protective monitoring etc.
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
- Cyber and Security experience.
- Server storage configuration
- Linux administration and configuration
Why work for STS Defence?
- Opportunity to join an exciting, innovative technology and engineering company where our mission is to deliver solutions that make a difference
- Professional training programmes and year on year growth gives access to significant career development opportunities
- Great central location on the south coast with opportunities to travel
- Competitive basic salary
- Flexible holiday scheme with 25 days holiday a year in addition to bank holidays as standard and the option to purchase up to a further 5 days holiday each year
- Company pension scheme with above statutory employer contributions
- Life assurance cover
- Employee Assistance Programme- 24/7 Counselling Service
- Working hours that include a normal finish time of 1pm on Fridays
- Access to a wide range of corporate discounts and additional benefits including a health plan and a tax free cycle scheme
- A service leaver friendly employer and signed up to the Armed Forces Covenant
- A recognised ‘Disability Confident’ employer