Head of Talent
This pivotal and hybrid role will cover an expansive range of talent acquisition and talent management activities.
You will ensure that STS Defence is able to develop Talent strategies that attract, recruit and select candidates for key business areas, with a focus on employee development and retention. A job description will be made available to suitable candidates.
To succeed as our new Head of Talent, we are looking for the following:
- A degree in HRM or CIPD (L5) minimum with specialist knowledge in Talent Acquisition and Talent Management. Significant operational experience will be considered in lieu of academics and professional qualifications.
- Experience gained in leading a Talent function, including strategy development and implementation.
- Good understanding of the contract labour market and IR35 legislation.
- Extensive experience in direct resourcing at all levels including senior and executive hires; demonstrable experience of managing low to high volume and complex resourcing projects.
- Proven and demonstrable assessment experience to include the development and implementation of structured interviews and VBIs, assessment centres, ability testing, and psychometric application.
- Demonstrable Early Careers recruitment (Graduate and Apprenticeships) experience to include an understanding of new and emerging qualifications.
- Excellent understanding of the defence industry and military organisations.
- Good knowledge of industry and legal developments in the context of HRM.
- Demonstrable experience in the development of innovative approaches to complex resourcing and talent management challenges.
- An advocate of investing in one’s own professional development.
- SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
Applications from agencies will not be accepted.