Installation Fitters / Technicians- Mechanical and Electrical discipline
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to expand our Engineering Support team. You will be a part of a highly capable team of deployable technicians who specilaise in the provision of electrical / mechanical fitting to a broad range of maritime platforms and MOD establishments, within the UK and abroad. When working at our customers’ sites, you’ll be a key representative of our reputable brand and maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect from us!
The role will be based out of our HQ within Gosport, Hampshire, however there is the requirement to travel to customers’ sites on a rotational basis. Travel will be required (UK and Abroad).
We are keen on hearing from those with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Test and Inspection
- Mechanical Fitting
- Electrical Installation
- Fibre Optic termination and testing
- Fibre Glassing
- Soldering and Crimping
If you possess any of these skills, we invite you to explore your next move with us at STS Defence…
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- Experience gained in skilled and generic electrical and/or mechanical fitting work
- Current, relevant electrical qualification and certification British Standard (BS7671) for Electrical Installation (17th Edition/18th Edition)
- Possess a qualification in one or more of the following key areas: Test and Inspection City and Guilds 2391/2392/2394-5 , Mechanical Fitting , Fibre Optic Termination and Testing, Fibre Glassing , Working at Height, Soldering and Crimping, Welding
- Ability to work well within a team, proactively and efficiently, and possessing excellent communication skills
- A willingness to learn and progress through personal continuous improvement, undertaking training as required to improve and sustain your own skill levels
- Ability to provide advice as a subject matter expert
- Desire to travel to customer sometimes abroad
- Flexibility to take on occasional overtime and weekend working
- Holder of a Drivers licence (Category B)
- Holder of a UK Passport (in date) for international travel purposes
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement).
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step today and apply…
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence. Please advise on your application if support is needed to enable you to undertake any part of our recruitment and selection process.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.