It is a great time to be joining us as we continue to develop and deliver new and exciting solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, resulting in continued growth year-on-year!
Located in Gosport, we are now looking to expand our team by bringing on board an experienced Logistics Manager, who has expert knowledge of the defence industry.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the logistics supply chain, stores management, and development and optimisation of logistics solutions to meet the needs of our customers in the defence sector.
Along with your experience gained from operating as a logistics lead, you’ll also bring qualities that have you stand out as a strong and inspirational manager! We’re looking for someone who thrives on developing their ‘people’ and shares the vision of promoting the importance of working together as ‘one team’. You will be responsible for a small, capable and qualified team in their delivery of high quality ‘end-to-end’ supply chain support, therefore the ability to lead and manage, motivate and develop is pivotal to achieving success in this role!
The role will suit someone who wants to achieve, both personally and collectively as a team. You will possess excellent communication skills and have the ability to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally. You’ll enjoy the experience of working within a team environment, have an eye for detail and be a natural ‘problem-solver’. You will thrive on working in, what can sometimes be, a challenging environment, yet enjoys the variety, skill and creativity that comes with delivering a first class service to customers!
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- An excellent understanding of the defence industry is essential to succeeding in this role
- A professional qualification in logistics, or procurement and supply (CILT level 5 or CIPS); OR significant experience gained from operating in lead logistics role
- Familiarity with government processes’ such as Knowledge in Defence (KiD) guidance (formerly – Defence Acquisition Operating Framework)
- Operated within a similar role where you have demonstrated driving productivity through efficiency and process improvement within defence logistics operations
- Ability to lead, coach and mentor, inspire and motivate a small team of direct reports
- A track record of leadership through effective communications to build effective and motivated teams
- A good understanding of the defence industry is essential
- Possess excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with proven experience of building strong partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, Inclusion and Diversity
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.