Principal and Senior Systems Engineers
If you possess experience in any of these areas, we invite you to explore your next challenge with STS Defence:
- Military Communication Systems (particularly maritime)
- Satellite Communication
- Military IT Systems and Networks
- RF Engineering
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to expand our engineering team by bringing on-board a small team of Principal and Senior Systems Engineers with specialist skills in defence communications / IT Systems. This is a permanent opportunity, however, we welcome applications from those wishing to undertake a contract with us.
Our teams within STS Defence are renowned for providing excellent platform and subject matter expertise to the defence industry. In this role, you will be required to provide technical leadership and support our technical project delivery specialists on a number of high profile defence projects. You will be integral to the delivery of integration, test, evaluation, and acceptance activities across all phases of the system/ product lifecycle.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for:
- Proven and demonstrable experience in the specification, design and development of military systems
- Excellent understanding of System Engineering principles and the equipment lifecycle including requirements, design and testing
- Knowledge of computer networks / architectures and software development methods
- Knowledge of military communications systems
- Also useful would be a good working knowledge of RF theory and application
- Defence / maritime communications / IT networks environment (HM Forces)
- Good communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to communicate technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences
Have we sparked your interest?
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step in your career today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, Inclusion and Diversity
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.