It is a great time to be joining STS Defence as we embark on our most exciting, yet ambitious, year to date! We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent onboard to join us on our journey…
Due to continued growth and success, our capabilities are dramatically evolving and we’re currently in the process of implementing many exciting plans across the Design and Manufacturing department. In support of this, we are now looking to appoint an experienced Manufacturing / Production Manager to be based at our Head office in Gosport, Hampshire.
The purpose of the role is to lead and manage our highly capable Production Team function which includes 3 Value Streams: Fabrication, Printed Circuit Board Assembly, Box and Cable Harness Assembly and the Production Support Team which includes Product Configuration and Production Planning.
We will be looking to you to deliver within budget and achieve targets to fully meet customer requirements and standards and take full accountability for ensuring Safety, Customer Quality, Cost and Delivery requirements are met.
A large part of the role will draw on your leadership and management experience. You will lead by example and take full responsibility for developing enthusiastic, motivated, conscientious and flexible team members and therefore also invest the time needed to ensure that regular mentoring and training initiatives are applied. In your approach, you will not be the individual who settles for ‘mediocre’- you’ll be managing and developing a team that will strive to achieve excellence at all times. It’s simply what our customers have come to expect from our brand and our most important asset, our people!
Along with ensuring that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are also adhered to, you will coach your team and promote best practice and establish standard policies and procedures. As our Production Manager, you will be the one who will Implement and manage continuous improvement and modern manufacturing principals, managing deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes. This is something that will come naturally to the right individual.
Integral to the role is the ability to build robust cross-departmental working relationships- we work as ‘One STS’ and strive towards the same goal! You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ counts for everything. The role will ensure that you too are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role… Have we sparked your interest?
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- Ideally you will be HNC qualified or to an equivalent standard of education, with experience in a related industry- In lieu of academics / qualifications, we welcome applications from those with a good level of experience gained from a related / regulated industry
- Proven experience of Management Proficiency introducing change to processes and culture
- Process Improvements using Lean Tools to improve Safety, 5S standards, improve throughput velocity, and decrease quality defects and labour costs, A3/5Y problem solving, Tiered boards and visual management
- Experienced in developing Planning systems to improve ‘On time to Release’, ‘On time to Complete’ and ‘On time Delivery’ to customers
- Well versed in performance management, utilising effective problem solving tools and methods
- Proven history of using key leadership skills in empowerment coaching
- Competent in deploying strong interpersonal skills to motivate and empower teams to change and adapt new ideas in a collaborative way
- Adaptability to deal with change and innovation to try new methods of work and ideas
- Commercial and financial awareness of the Profit and Loss (P&L)
- Business acumen to deal with inter-department conflict and prioritisation
- Experienced in New Product Introduction and Technical awareness to reduce lead-time from design through production
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office-Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, PowerPoint, and familiar user of MRP Systems
- Health and Safety awareness (NEBOSH/ Working Safely IOSH certification- preferred)