It is a great time to be joining us as we continue to develop and deliver new and exciting solutions for the defence / maritime and aerospace sectors, resulting in continued growth year-on-year!
Located in Gosport, we are now looking to expand our team by recruiting a Production Supervisor (Box Build). Working closely with our Production Engineering team, you’ll be supervising the operations within assembly, integration and electrical equipment test, within our cable harness manufacturing and box build areas. It is essential that individuals have experience in any of the following areas; final assembly, electrical cabinet / modular assembly and integration, or electrical assembly and integration, to succeed in this role.
You’ll be responsible for a small and highly capable team and, therefore, the ability to motivate, lead, support and inspire them in reaching business goals and objectives is imperative. We’re also looking for those who are prepared to get ‘hands-on’ and train others in completing cabinet wiring, using schematics and drawings, making cables and wire harnesses, plus all other aspects of mechanical and electric assembly too. We’ll also be looking to you to identify continuous improvement opportunities and driving these through to fruition within your own team.
This is set to be a varied role, and will suit someone who prides themselves on their ability to take a flexible and adaptable approach to their day-to-day operations. It is also a rare opportunity where you can comfortably develop your existing skill set while also learning new skills too, and with an excellent training and development programme in place you are sure to excel in the role!
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- Experience gained in a Team Lead / Supervisor position where you have operated in a low to medium volume production environment , ideally within the aerospace and / or defence sectors
- Experienced in supervising operations relating to final assembly, electrical cabinet / modular assembly and integration, or electrical assembly and integration
- Proven and demonstrable experience in Lean methodologies; training and implementation
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Ideally you will be IPC trained / certified (610 / 620)
- Proven ability to facilitate Visual Management
- Experience in using ERP / planning tools / software
- Ability to work in an team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share own professional experience and skills
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others within a collaborative and team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to invest in your own professional development and learn new skills
A full job description is available for suitable applicants
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.