The Production Supervisor will be responsible for a flexible and highly capable team and, therefore, the ability to motivate, lead, support and inspire them in reaching business goals and objectives is imperative. We’re also looking for those who are prepared to get ‘hands-on’ and train others. Preferably, you will have a good understanding of schematics, drawings and wiring diagrams. Ideally in making cables and wire harnesses, plus any other aspects of mechanical and electric assembly too. We’ll also be looking to you to drive continuous improvement opportunities within your areas and driving these through to fruition with your team.
This is set to be a varied role, and will suit someone who prides themselves on their ability to take a flexible and adaptable approach to their day-to-day operations. It is also a rare opportunity where you can comfortably develop your existing skill set while also learning new skills too, and with an excellent training and development programme in place, you are sure to excel in the role!
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- Experience gained in a Team Lead / Supervisor position where you have operated in a low to medium volume production environment , ideally within the aerospace and / or defence sectors
- Experienced in supervising operations relating to component assembly, modular assembly and integration, or electrical assembly and integration
- Proven and demonstrable experience in Lean methodologies; training and implementation
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Proven ability to facilitate Visual Management
- Experience in using ERP / planning tools / software
- Ability to work in an team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share own professional experience and skills
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others within a collaborative and team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to invest in your own professional development and learn new skills
- An understanding of project & budget cost control