Project Engineer (Mechanical)
It’s a great time to be joining STS Defence as we continue to journey through our most exciting, yet ambitious, year to date! We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey…
Based from our Head office in Gosport, we are looking to complement our Engineering Services team with a Project Engineer. You will join our existing team of experts and bring with you a wealth of experience in overseeing mechanical installation projects.
In this dynamic and customer facing role, and as our subject matter expert (SME), you will take technical responsibility for a number of projects throughout the project life cycle. You will find yourself involved in the early stages of bids and tenders, to customer requirements capture, through to validation, testing, approvals and installation, to the provision of on-going customer support.
Working alongside our Project Management team, the role allows plenty of variety and scope for professional development, as you manage multiple small projects or larger individual projects for a portfolio of high profile customers within the defence and marine sectors. We’ll also be looking to you to apply exemplary leadership and management skills as you keep your team of mechanical and electrical fitting experts motivated, empowered and on track to achieve success!
Integral to the role is the ability to build robust cross-departmental working relationships- we work as ‘One STS’ and strive towards the same goal! You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ and together counts for everything. The role will ensure that you are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role… The one question that remains is whether you believe that you can make a difference? If so, read on.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- Proven and demonstrable experience in project engineering, ideally within the defence or maritime sector and / or other regulated industries
- A proven history of leadership in an electrical and mechanical installation/fitting role.
- Qualified to HND level or an equivalent standard, or in lieu of academics, possess considerable experience in this field.
- Strong project engineering background where you have managed projects from conception through to completion.
- Exemplary leadership, management, and communications skills, with proven experience of engaging and building relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- An understanding of Project Management methodology and tools, or desirable; a qualification relating to project management e.g. APM, Prince 2.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of project documentation.
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK or abroad.
- A good understanding of Health and Safety Management within an engineering environment.
- Microsoft Office skills with an ability to use bespoke systems and IT packages quickly and efficiently.
- Willingness and desire to learn new skills and invest in professional development.
- Ideally a member of a professional institution i.e. Member of the Institution of Engineering & Technology (MIET) – (Desirable).
- An in-date passport and full driving licence.
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement).
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step in your career today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.