As we continue our journey through an exciting period of growth and success, we are now looking to enhance our Project Management capabilities by complementing the Engineering Support function with an additional team member. The role is positioned to allow plenty of variety, and scope for professional development, as you manage multiple small projects or larger individual projects for a portfolio of customers within the defence and marine sectors.
Working closely with the Programme Lead, your role as Project Manager will be accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. You will be continually identifying, prioritising and mitigating project risks and issues whilst ensuring that your projects are delivered successfully to time, cost and quality.
This is a customer-facing role, therefore it is key that you possess and demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to enable the business / customer relationship(s) to develop and flourish. You’ll also be looking for ways in which to add greater value to your customers’ experience with us by applying your ‘commercial awareness’ skills and in doing so, actively promote STS Defence’s additional capabilities and services too!
The role will be based out of our HQ within Gosport, Hampshire, however there is the requirement to travel to our customers’ sites within the UK and possibly abroad.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
• Proven and demonstrable experience in planning, monitoring and controlling projects, ideally within the defence or other regulated industries and / or maritime sector
• Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods, including any of the following: APM, PRINCE2, MSP, Change Management and MoR
• Strong understanding of engineering standards, preferably within the marine or defence industry
• Exemplary leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and empower those to achieve success
• Skills in negotiating and conflict management, with the ability to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties
• Ability to influence and align others towards the vision for the project
• Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of project documentation
• Proven experience of budget management and control, preferably with a working knowledge of SAGE or an equivalent system
• Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK or abroad
• Holder of a UK Passport (in date) for international travel purposes
• The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)