It is a great time to be joining STS Defence as we embark on our most exciting, yet ambitious, year to date!
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey…
We’re going through a period of rapid growth, and with this our capabilities are evolving. We’re currently delivering on a number of high profile defence projects, and due to increased demand, we are now looking to bring on-board an experience senior project management professional to support the delivery of a high profile programme.
You will be accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. You will be continually identifying, prioritising and mitigating project risks and issues whilst ensuring that your project is delivered successfully to time, cost and quality.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- Proven and demonstrable experience in planning, monitoring and controlling projects, within the defence or maritime sector
- Former experience gained from the defence sector is highly desired. You may have operated within the Armed Forces as a Senior NCO, Commissioned Officer or Senior Civil Servant
- Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods APM tools and methodology
- Possess APM – PMQ (minimum) or PMP qualification
- Exemplary leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and empower those to achieve success
- Skills in negotiating and conflict management, with the ability to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties
- Ability to influence and align others towards the vision for the project
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of project documentation
- Proven experience of budget management and control
- An understanding of engineering standards as a non- engineer, preferably within the marine or defence industry- desirable
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)