Senior Project Manager
It is a great time to be joining STS Defence as we embark on our most exciting, yet ambitious, year to date!
Due to continued growth and success, our capabilities are dramatically evolving and we’re currently in the process of implementing many exciting plans across our Engineering Support department. In support of this, we are now looking to appoint an experienced Senior Project Manager to be based at our Head office in Gosport, Hampshire.
You will be accountable for the overall project delivery processes including project planning, scheduling, costing, execution, risk management activities and closing processes. You will be continually identifying, prioritising and mitigating project risks and issues whilst ensuring that your projects are delivered successfully to time, cost and quality.
The role allows plenty of variety, and there’s great scope for professional development, as you manage multiple small projects or larger individual projects for a portfolio of high profile customers within the defence and marine sectors.
You’ll also be looking for ways in which to add greater value to your customers’ experience with us by applying your ‘commercial awareness’ skills and in doing so, actively promote STS Defence’s additional capabilities and services too.
Integral to the role is the ability to build robust cross-departmental working relationships- we work as ‘One STS’ and strive towards the same goal! You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ counts for everything. The role will ensure that you are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role… The one question that remains is whether you believe that you can make a difference? If so, read on.
The role will be based out of our HQ within Gosport, Hampshire, however there is the requirement to travel to our customers’ sites within the UK and possibly abroad.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- Proven and demonstrable experience in planning, monitoring and controlling projects, within the defence or maritime sector
- Former experience gained from the defence sector is highly desired. You may have operated within the Armed Forces as a Senior NCO, Commissioned Officer status or Senior Civil Servant
- Sound knowledge of programme and project management methods, including any of the following: APM (advantageous) , PRINCE2, MSP, Change Management and MoR
- Exemplary leadership and management skills with the ability to motivate and empower those to achieve success
- Skills in negotiating and conflict management, with the ability to identify and address differences of objective, attitude or perception in order to produce an agreed outcome for all parties
- Ability to influence and align others towards the vision for the project
- Excellent written and verbal skills, with the ability to create the full range of project documentation
- Proven experience of budget management and control
- An understanding of engineering standards as a non- engineer, preferably within the marine or defence industry- highly desired
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK or abroad, when required
- Holder of a UK Passport (in date) for international travel purposes
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.