Located in Gosport, we are looking to expand our existing Quality team. Reporting direct to the Head of Quality, the position will work closely with all internal departments to ensure world-class compliance to the company’s accreditations, and build relationships with customers and key suppliers. In addition, the Quality Engineer will contribute to the maintenance of the company Quality Management Systems using their knowledge of the AS9100 standard and auditing ability. The successful candidate will be involved in driving the highest quality standards throughout all of our operations.
• Supporting and assessing the management of the companies accreditations (AS9100, ISO9001, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, Nadcap)
• Developing and lead continuous improvement initiatives
• Approving the company’s release documentation (including FAIR)
• Assisting and contributing to the contract review process
• To introduce, authorise & update work Instructions
• Processing concessions, production permits and non-conformance reports
• Conducting the timely disposition and conclusion of both internal and external non-conformances
• Maintaining the Company’s quality databases
• Preparing Management Review documentation
• Facilitating 8D investigations to conclusion
• To collate and present divisional KPIs that drive behaviours towards continuous improvement
• Conducting supplier appraisals and supplier approvals
• Developing relationships with the quality departments of our customers
• Supporting bids with all appropriate quality documentation
• To maintain training records ensuring staff are suitably qualified and experienced to carry out their roles
• Supporting project and design reviews
• To act at all times in accordance with the terms and conditions described in the employees contract of employment
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of quality engineering in AS9100 environment
• Proven and demonstrable ability to analyse problems, identify root causes and provide effective efficient solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide clear and concise technical communications to internal teams, suppliers and external customers
• Experience of presenting technical data and root cause/corrective action activities
• Proven record of effectively managing priorities while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
• Understanding of Health & Safety (ISO 45001), Environmental (ISO 14001)
• Experience of internal auditing
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Good planning skills and the ability to prioritise multiple and competing tasks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability develop relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Strong Problem-solving abilities
• Experience working within a Nadcap environment
• Previous experience working in a Defence / Aerospace sector(s)
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.