Quality Management Systems Engineer
Located in Gosport, we are looking to expand our existing Quality team. The Quality Management System Engineer will be integral to further developing the Quality Management Systems (QMS). There will be a core focus on improving and developing processes across the business while identifying opportunities for improvement to support the company’s continued and sustained growth. You will lead and undertake audits in line with the company’s accreditations, and provide guidance and consultation on all aspects related to the Quality Management System.
• Improve and develop processes throughout the business
• Support effective implementation of the Quality Management Systems (ISO9001 & AS9100) throughout the company, to include: EMS(ISO14001), H&S(ISO45001) and Nadcap (7120 & 7121)
• Evaluate processes for the purpose of assessing effectiveness, driving efficiency and quality improvements for the business
• Advise and implement current and future procedural needs to support the business
• As required to act as an internal auditor and/or provide support for audit planning, auditing and audit follow up, and drive through associated corrective actions and improvements
• Support, as directed, and conduct quality/compliance investigations to establish root causes and assist with corrective action
• Lead and process audits, with a focus on the product lifecycle. Follow up on any audit findings and implement permanent corrective actions
• Contribute to and / or lead process improvement projects and activities, alone or as part of a multifunctional team, to drive sustainable corrective actions and improve customer satisfaction
• Work with manufacturing and engineering teams to disposition nonconforming material and devise remediation actions
• Monitor and report on quality-related key performance indicators, and collate quality data for monitoring targets
• Support external Quality System audits by accreditation bodies and customers
• Coordinate the review of interdepartmental Quality procedures
• Perform root cause analysis and resolve problems
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Strong knowledge of quality management systems to include AS9100
• Proven and demonstrable ability to analyse problems, identify root causes and provide effective efficient solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to provide clear and concise technical communications to internal teams, suppliers and external customers
• Experience of presenting technical data and root cause/corrective action activities
• Proven record of effectively managing priorities while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
• Understanding of Health & Safety (ISO 45001), Environmental (ISO 14001)
• Experience of implementation and certification to ISO standards
• Ideally Lead Audit or Internal Auditor qualified
• Understanding of process creation for a manufacturing, engineering and service support environment
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Good planning skills and the ability to prioritise multiple and competing tasks
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability develop relationships at all levels of the organisation
• Strong Problem-solving abilities
• Experience working and auditing in a Nadcap environment
• Previous experience working in a Defence / Aerospace sector(s)
All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level.
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.