Quality Systems Engineer
The Quality Management System in STS Defence is undergoing review and is transitioning into a modern Business Management System. This is a business initiative supported by the Senior Leadership Team and Board of Directors to drive quality within the growing organisation.
This exciting change management role will be instrumental in helping the Head of Quality and Compliance shape the new BMS and its contents, to make it fit for the future. The core role will focus on facilitating the business in updating and improving processes and ensuring that they are properly documented and adhered to. The aim is to become more process flow driven as a business in order to support ongoing certifications.
• Facilitate the development of a processes approach throughout the business and identify areas for improvement
• Assist with redesigning the fundamentals of the BMS structure and templates
• Support effective maintenance of certifications held by the business including ISO9001 & AS9100 and Nadcap (7120 & 7121) and support the Health and Safety Manager to integrate ISO14001 and ISO45001 into the BMS
• Responsible for working with the process owners to evaluate and update their processes, improving their effectiveness, driving efficiency and quality improvements for the business
• Manage the updates to the BMS to ensure effective document control and adequate record retention
• Co-ordinate external certification audits and conduct internal audits where required
• Lead the risk based internal audit programme with a focus on the product lifecycle. Manage resulting audit findings and facilitate implementation of corrective actions.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Excellent verbal communication and stakeholder management skills
• Strong organisation and prioritisation skills
• Experience of implementation and certification to ISO standards
• Proven record of effectively managing priorities while maintaining high attention to detail and accuracy
• Understanding of and practical application of process mapping tools and techniques.
• Demonstrable ability to analyse problems, identify root causes and provide effective efficient solutions
• Ability to work in a dynamic and changing environment
• Strong facilitation skills and the ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organisation
• Strong knowledge of quality management systems structure and administration- preferable in an AS9100 environment
• SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level