Senior Engineer (Nuclear)
Have you thought about a career in training?
As our business continues to grow so too does the demand for our specialist and award winning nuclear training programmes! The New Year is set to be a busy and exciting time as we continue to see growth of our customer base, so there’s never been a better time to join us…
We are now offering the rare opportunity of joining our team of nuclear specialists to support the design, development and delivery of Nuclear Training material for a number of high profile customers, across the defence and civil nuclear sectors.
It is not essential that you have formal training /lecturing or teaching experience. We’re looking for engineering specialists who possess the willingness to train towards a new career and possess the desire to inspire and motivate those undertaking our training programmes.
Due to the autonomous nature of the role, self- motivation, drive and discipline are critical components in order to succeed. We’ll also be tapping into your ‘creative’ skills as we encourage you to contribute towards the re-evaluation and modification of our programmes to ensure they stay relevant, engaging and ‘cutting-edge’!
To succeed, we are looking for the following in you:
- Ability and desire to train and inspire an audience on STEM related subjects, specifically nuclear propulsion systems engineering and supporting academic topics
- Proven engineering and/or academic knowledge within a defence nuclear and/or submarine environment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to enable effective and engaging interaction at all levels, specifically in the classroom environment
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications and technical presentation compilation
- Ability and willingness to travel to customer sites across the UK in order to deliver face to face training
- A commitment to your own Continuous Professional Development
- The ability to gain SC clearance is essential due to the nature of the location of the training delivery
- Experience of conducting training needs analysis or design and development of training material for nuclear education
- Familiarity with the UK’s Defence Nuclear Programme
- Relevant civil nuclear safety knowledge
- Professional development in a nuclear or training management related discipline
- Professional Registration with Engineering Council approved body (or a willingness to work towards this)
- Knowledge of Defence Instructional Techniques, Defence Train the Trainer, E&T Level 3 or Higher Level educational qualification (E&T Level 4/Cert Ed/PGCE)
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.