Senior Network Engineer
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey…
Based at our Head office in Gosport, we are looking to appoint a Senior Network Engineer to join our existing team of specialists.
In this newly created and critical role, you will lead on the management, design, configuration, installation and support of network hardware, along with the production of any necessary supporting documentation.
Along with your experience gained from operating as senior network engineer, you will also bring qualities that will have you stand out as a leader and SME in your field. You will have the opportunity to take on management responsibility, planning and leading on key projects for the business, and develop and mentor junior members within the team.
Other aspects of the role include:
- The provision of IT and Network technical solutions and support to project requirements
- Continuous improvement of network engineering capabilities, maintaining a leading edge capability
- Leading the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages
- Management, oversight, direction and guidance to allocated project team members, through the planning and delivery of projects
- The production of all essential project documents and internal work instructions.
- The production of network engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts
- The development and implementation of policies, standards and procedures for network engineering activities
- Customer liaison on all network engineering risks and issues
- Remaining available, on occasions, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements.
Integral to the role is the ability to build robust cross-departmental working relationships- we work as ‘One STS’ and strive towards the same goal! You’ll be a part of a successful business where working as ‘one’ counts for everything. The role will ensure that you are fully supported and receive the ongoing training and development you require to be the very best you can be in the role… The one question that remains is whether you believe that you can make a difference? If so, read on.
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP or CompTIA level certification or equivalent industry experience
- Proven and demonstrable network engineering experience, operating at a senior level, preferably in the government/defence sector
- Experience in network design, LAN/WAN technologies, routing, switching, firewalls, secure tunneling, WIFI, WAN optimisation, IP schema design, VOIP/VTC, network management & monitoring, protective monitoring etc.
- Management and configuration of crypto in government/defence environment
- Understanding of good security practices in the government/defence environment
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test & acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to meet with customers and build relationships, and to travel to customers sites when required
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step in your career today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.