Senior Wintel Engineer
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey…
Based at our Head office in Gosport, near Portsmouth, we are looking to appoint a Senior Wintel Engineer to join our existing team of specialists.
In this newly created and critical role, you will be our subject matter expert on all Microsoft Windows, Linux and Virtualisation based projects and tasks. You will be integral to the planning and management of key projects for the business to include; the management, design, configuration, installation and support of COTS/MOTS software on workstation, server based and virtualised secure solutions. Naturally, as a senior member of our team you will also have responsibilities to lead and develop the junior members within the team.
Other aspects of the role include:
- Lead the planning, delivery and assurance of customer and in house work packages
- Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures for Wintel engineering activity
- Liaise with the customer on all Wintel risks and issues
- Provide solutions and support to project requirements
- Provide continuous improvement of Wintel engineering capabilities
- Provide management, oversight, direction and guidance to project team members, through the planning and delivery of our projects
- Produce essential project documents and internal work instructions
- Provide Wintel engineering technical input into bid preparation and contracts
- Remain available, on occasions, for the provision of an on-call, out of hours support service for urgent operational requirements
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- A willingness to gain DV clearance to allow you to work on a wider range of projects in the role
- Microsoft, VMWare certification or equivalent industry experience will be considered
- CompTIA, CCNA or networking certification, an advantage
- A credible level of experience of Wintel engineering, preferably gained in the government / defence sector
- Experience of Microsoft Windows Workstation and Server design, configuration, deployment, management and support; including windows infrastructure services, active directory, exchange server, backup, group policy and hardening etc.
- Experience of infrastructure support, anti-virus and patching
- Experience of COTS virtualization technologies
- Experience of the full engineering lifecycle; design/development, test and acceptance, configuration management, in service support
- The ability to meet with customers, manage and build relationships
- Willing to travel within the UK and overseas if required
- Holder of a full UK driving licence, with the ability to travel, when required
- HP Server and Workstation configuration and administration
- Server storage configuration
- Linux administration and configuration
If this opportunity is of interest, take your next step in your career today and apply…
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.