If you possess experience in any of these areas, we invite you to explore your next career move with our award winning company:
- RF Engineering
- RF Testing Engineering
- Military Communications
- Maritime Multi Media (MMM)
- UHF SatCom
- UK VSAT Engineering
- Satellite Orbit TV Communications
- Satellite TV Service Engineering
We are scaling new heights in our development and delivery of new and innovative solutions for the defence and maritime sectors, and we want the best talent on-board to join us on our journey.
Due to continued growth, we are now looking to expand our team of Systems Engineers. You will be a part of a highly capable team of field based ‘Systems / Field Service Engineers’ with the responsibility for providing specialist technical support to maritime platforms and defence establishments, within the UK and abroad.
The System Engineer will have mechanical and / or electrical skills and be a ‘technical authority’ / SME (Subject Matter Expert) in their field. You will be a key representative of our brand and therefore maintain the high standards our customers have come to expect from us.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have gained skills and experience in any of the following areas:
- Fault finding, repairing, maintaining and upgrading satellite TV and recreational systems
- Maritime communications and Multi Media systems (Wi-Fi & TV), to include basic networking and computer skills
- Ideally qualified to HNC / HND in a related discipline or in lieu of academics, possess considerable experience
- Installing/ repairing fixed and motorised satellite dishes and fixed VSAT systems up to 2.4 meters
- Marine VSAT – Intellian, Seatel, Sailor or Orbit
- UHF SATCOM systems
- Working with UHF SATCOM systems with knowledge of waveforms and systems utilised within the Naval Maritime sphere
- IRS (Communal DVBS2 and DVBT2 installation and repair)
- Audio Video installation and repairs
- Satellite finder equipment including spectrum analysers
- A good working knowledge of RF theory and application, including the use of equipment involved in problem solving of RF systems. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, Power Meter, TDR, Frequency Counter, Spectrum Analyser, Cable loss measurements
- Defence / maritime environment (HM Forces) exposure- advantageous
Our Commitment to the Armed Forces Covenant, Inclusion and Diversity
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
We are proactively committed to making STS Defence a more inclusive and diverse place to work and welcome all applications regardless of individual characteristics. We want everyone to contribute and develop to their full potential at STS Defence.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.