The delivery of Engineering Support to contracts including Maritime Multi Media (MMM) and UHF SATCOM equipment installed on Royal Naval ships, submarines and shore establishments to agreed timescales and budgets, while adhering to specified quality parameters. The System Engineer will have mechanical and electrical skills, for a customer facing role. The System Engineer will work for the general engineering support team, fault finding, repairing and upgrading the UHF satellite communications, TV and recreational systems on Naval vessels.
The Systems Engineer is responsible for:
- Providing off site engineering support; fault finding and maintaining the equipment in support of the Project Manager to meet the short and long term programme
- Be able to deploy anywhere in the world inclusive of Contractors on Deployed Operations areas, in order to fulfil contractual and operational requirements (including
- Operational Defects). Training will be provided
- To provide technical support as a Duty Engineer to members of the STS 24/7 Help Desk Technical Support Team (Duty Engineer 1 week on at a time)
- Liaise and communicate with system maintainers including training of ships staff and sub contractors.
- Testing of equipment, spares and reference systems in house
- Take responsibility for quality of work carried out and ensure that Health & Safety policy is adhered to
- Review, update and improve internal processes, and user technical documents
- Undergo and maintain professional training
- Experience of working with Maritime communications and Multi Media systems (Wi-Fi & TV)
- Experience of working with UHF SATCOM systems (Maritime & land based)
- Technical skills and awareness, mechanical and electrical ideally
- An understanding of Network principles and architecture
- An in-date passport and category B driving licence
- Experience in the naval, maritime environment (HM Forces)
- Customer facing, field experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
SECURITY – All candidates must be in a position to obtain UK security clearance to SC level. Additional restrictions may apply on certain defence programmes
All candidates will be required to adhere to STS Defence core values
Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a number of new roles across the business.