Located in Gosport, we are looking to expand our existing Technical Estimating team within our manufacturing department. We are keen to hear from individuals who possess skills at junior or senior level, ideally with experience gained from the defence and / or aerospace sector.
Bringing to the role your experience of working within a production and manufacturing environment, you will be responsible for the co-ordination, reporting and preparation of accurate cost estimates in response to our customers’ inquiries. You will be involved in the estimating for electronic-mechanical and cable assembly products, therefore, to succeed within this role it is essential that you possess a technical background.
You will be working within a small and friendly team of estimating professionals who play a pivotal role within our business and operate with unrivaled precision. Each day brings something new to the team, therefore the ability to take a flexible approach to your day-to-day operations is imperative. You will be dealing with multiple and competing tasks in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, therefore, you must have exceptional multi-tasking skills and an eye for detail.
Ideally, you will be someone who thrives in a busy environment and enjoys working as part of a team, therefore if we have sparked your interest, read on…
To succeed in this role, we are looking for the following in you:
- The ability to gain SC clearance (essential security requirement)
- Possess a recognised qualification or apprenticeship in an engineering discipline
- Proven and demonstrable experience from working within the electronics manufacturing industry- advantageous
- Excellent attention to detail; maintaining high standards for delivery with exceptional quality and accuracy
- Ability to multitask and lead by example with strong attention to detail relating to paperwork
- Good organiser with the ability to resolve problems and manage conflicting priorities
- Experience of the defence/ aerospace sector- advantageous
- Good financial acumen and an understanding of manufacturing cost drivers
- Ability to define and source electronic and mechanical parts from the supply chain
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
- Ability to work in an team environment and participate in all team activities, with a willingness to share own professional experience and skills
- Computer literacy with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to work well with others within a collaborative and team environment; working together to meet demanding timescales
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to invest in your own professional development and learn new skills
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. STS Defence recognises the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our company and the United Kingdom.
Please note that all of our roles are subject to security vetting and therefore some positions may be restricted to UK Nationals.