We develop and deliver specialist learning and development programmes to the defence and civil nuclear industries. Our courses can be delivered at your site in order to reduce cost and upheaval and will help you make the most of your people by delivering learning using a range of techniques in order to suit all learning styles.
Learning and Development
- Ensuring the course objectives are specific to your business requirements
- Designing learner-centric course content and providing a supportive and fun learning environment
- Delivering face to face training using presentations, workbooks, workshops and interactive models. Engaging with learners through facilitation where the learners share their experiences (both positive and negative), sharing concepts and supporting peer to peer learning
- Delivering distance learning through purpose built interactive e-learning which allows the learner to capture thoughts and ideas, engage with other students and the trainer, while providing the opportunity to revisit material as their personal requirements develop over time
- Capturing student feedback and performance data to continually improve learning
- Capturing course objectives mapped against any regulatory or sector requirements in order to aid in business compliance
- Also able to provide consultancy service to support your L&D needs
Learning and Development Examples
IPC is a global organisation developing international quality standards and training courses for the electronics industry. STS Defence is authorised to conduct CIS training, delivering J-STD-001, WHMA-A-620 and IPC-A-610 certified training
Nuclear Safety Culture Awareness
Classroom based training to identify the regulatory requirement, traits and benefits of a positive nuclear safety culture, and historical events that have links to a poor nuclear safety culture
Courses and Training
Classroom, online and on-equipment knowledge and training for ship’s personnel in submarine awareness, and the operational and maintenance of complex communications, multimedia and networked systems
The growth of the digital generation is having a dramatic impact on the way people learn. We understand the impact and benefits of digital technology as aids to learning and development, leveraging modern technology in new and exciting ways to create packages that are memorable, educational and appropriate.
- Bespoke material designed to meet your specific requirements
- Interactive and engaging, designed for today’s learner
- Delivered either in story or scenario-based modules
- Employing media and rich content to maintain interest and ensure understanding
Our in-house multimedia team develop content for both guided and self-led training, which can be offered as a separate service or as part of a learning package.
- Animations that clearly illustrate the key points and details
- Learner focused workbooks and handouts
- Video and audiobooks
- Interactive media
Face to Face Delivery
Bringing people together remains a highly effective method for training. Students not only benefit from the trainer’s own experiences but are also able to share their own knowledge with the other attendees. Our team of training professionals deliver highly engaging training sessions at locations convenient for you.
- Delivered by qualified and experienced subject matter experts
- Bespoke material and handouts designed with your organisation in mind
- Learner focused, using group-wide discussions to ensure interest and validity
- Delivered at your own locations whenever possible