We offer a solution-focused design and manufacture capability, developing concepts into mature designs and delivering components and assemblies that meet the most stringent quality standards.
Design and Manufacture
Integrating product design and process planning to deliver high-quality, cost-effective solutions
Offering a UK-based production capability that ensures security, flexibility and convenience
Dedicated rapid prototyping and engineering solutions for PCB, enclosure and cable harness designs
Starting from an initial concept or a detailed specification, we provide a comprehensive design service that incorporates electronic, electro-mechanical, network, manufacturing, maritime, systems and software engineering.
- Electronic design, including circuit development and PCB design
- Electro-mechanical design, including use of Inventor 3D Computer Aided Design
- Protoype design, including on-site secure test facilities
- Software development, including software integration, graphic user interface design, driver interfaces and server configuration
- Systems Engineering, including use of INCOSE trained staff and methodologies and Product Lifecycle Management
We offer a dedicated Technology Centre that provides a Design for Manufacture service to optimize product and system design. We will work with you to integrate product design and process planning into one common activity, structured to ensure your project can be easily and economically manufactured.
- Optimising all manufacturing functions, including fabrication, assembly, test, procurement, shipping, service and support
- Ensuring the best cost, quality, reliability, regulatory compliance, safety, time-to-market, and customer satisfaction
- Formal new product introduction process with clear documentation and review cycles
- Materials support for all levels of PCB, cable assembly and box build
- JSTD-001, IPC-A-610, IPC-WHMA-A-620 certified personnel
Our UK-based manufacturing facilities offer a secure, comprehensive and flexible service for the aerospace, defence and marine sectors, capable of developing prototypes and delivering low to medium volume production runs quickly and at a low cost.
Over 50 years’ experience in the design, manufacture, supply and repair of aircraft looms and specialised subsea cables.
- Nadcap AC7121 accreditation for cable and harness assembly
- Aerospace wiring looms to IPC-WHMA-A-620 standards
- Harsh environment and subsea cable and connector solutions
- Cable Braiding – Steel, Copper and Nomex
- Fibre Optic cable assembly
Offering a range of PCB services, from single board prototypes to high volume production.
- NADCAP AC7120 accreditation for PCB assembly
- IPC-A-610 operatives
- Three surface mount lines and conventional through hole
- Leaded and lead-free (SMT, TH and Wave)
- BGA and X-Ray inspection capable
- Conformal coating
- Environmental Stress Screening
- Automatic Optical Inspection
Manufacturing a range of bespoke structures for the defence and aerospace markets.
- Sheet metalwork folding & punching up
- TIG and Spot welding (coded welders)
- Precision milling and turning
- Painting and finishing – Wet, dry, powder, silk screening, engraving, plate finishing and dip-brazing
Fabrication of complex panels and boxes for aerospace and military applications.
- Sub-system assembly
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- All operatives trained to JSTD-001, IPC-A-610 and IPC-WHMA-A-620 Level 3 standards
- Manufacture of individual prototypes to production quantities
- Programme and procurement management
- Flexible, scalable capacity and obsolescence management
- Cable and wiring solutions
- Fabrication and finishing
- Bespoke test solutions
Highly-specialised, bespoke subsea connectors, electrical umbilicals, cables and antennas designed for use in under-sea or harsh environments.
We specialise in adapting commercially available products for use in subsea and harsh environments, tailored to specific customer needs. This allows us to offer a very wide range of connectors at a very competitive cost and lead times when compared to traditionally manufactured subsea connectors.
- On-site moulding and over-moulding for Polyurethane, Neoprene and Polyethelene
- Metal to glass seals (up to 3600m depth)
- Pressure Testing (to 10,000psi)