The Production Engineer will have a strong manufacturing and assembly background within the Aerospace and Defence sector. As part of a team of Production Engineers, the role is to implement and sustain meaningful long term improvements within our Printed Circuit Board, Assembly, Cable Harness Assembly & Fabrication (PCB/BB/CHA/Fab) manufacturing facility with stepped and measured process improvements.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Provide technical support to the (PCB/BB/CHA/Fab) product groups, with responsibility to improve manufacturing capabilities in order to maintain our competitive edge
- Act as the initial point of contact between members of each Product Group team and the Design Engineering department, taking responsibility for ensure Engineering tasks are completed in line with expectations
- Manage projects to drive process improvements, applying best practice manufacturing techniques, driving the applications of leading edge technologies, and supporting continuous improvement philosophies within the business
- Drive quality efficiency and effectiveness through application of lean methodology and other improvement tools with current production. Ensure all processes conform to internal and customer quality standards
- Identify equipment & systems that will enhance Manufacturing Efficiency
- Ensure all control documents including work instructions, BOMs and routings are available and accurate. Create operator balance charts, develop and implement standard work.
- Engineer with experience in manufacturing, Advantage in (PCB/BB/CHA/Fab)
- Experience of NADCAP accredited production environment or similar is preferred
- An understanding of process control methodologies to improve production quality
- Experience of using quality tools such as FMEA, APQP, 8D and 5 WHY